BitterSweetness

Truth is Bitter. Chocolate is Sweet. Somewhere in the middle lies me and my thoughts...

9.05.2005

Long Distance Relationships...

Talked to an old high school friend last night. MustardMan, my senior year prome date. He told me "You would be my girlfriend if you weren't so far away." Yet, he talks to a girl who lives 5 hours away.. much more feasible in his eyes I guess.

I have another friend, Sakiru, who swears off LDRs. Many of his relationships have ended because the girl moved away. I think part of it stems from the fact that he is afraid to fly.

I have had some significant relationship with people who lived in other cities. The first one was freshman year. I met a guy before I started school, and we continued being close friends (and running up phone bills) for that first semester. By second semester though, I realized that we were distinctly from different worlds...

Then, last summer, there was the ManBoy. Man I was infatuated with some ManBoy. He lived only an hour and half away, and his family was in Atlanta, so it wasn't like we would never see each other. But when school started things changed. People get busy. Now he lives in my family's hometown, and I live in his mother's town. Definitely ironic. And now he calls, asking when are we going to see each other. Shit, I'm broke, holla back!

I guess the question is, do Long Distance Relationships really work? They definitely involve a WHOLE LOT of trust and communication. It is likely much easier to think "fuck him" when he pisses you off from 600 miles away. There's someone I could see myself taking the plunge with... but it would have to be Long Distance. And it sucks, because in the mean time he dates around. Anytime now he could find that girl he wants to take more serious. That girl could have been me, if I'd just stayed in town...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home