BitterSweetness

Truth is Bitter. Chocolate is Sweet. Somewhere in the middle lies me and my thoughts...

9.11.2005

Disturbance of Ignorance

Yesterday I observed something that shook me to its core.

Place: Stonebriar Mall, an upcoming & coming popular mall outside of Dallas, Texas
Date: Saturday, September 10th--the busiest day of the week for the mall
Time: Approximately 3:40 PM

What: A high school boy walking around with his parents and friends. His companions were holding cameras. Everyone was smiling.

The catch is that the boy had smeared Black makeup all of his face, neck and hands (he wore a long sleeved shirt). Dark sunglasses covered his eyes, and he wore a black afro on his head.

This group was able to aimlessley walk about the mall with little hesitation and disturbance.

A WHITE BOY IN BLACK FACE AT THE MALL. MODERN DAY MINSTREL.

Why: It was a game.

That is what the group told me when I approached them. More so, I voiced my disgust with their blatant ignorance.

Quote of the day: "We are not offended by Michael Jackson!"

Yes, this was used in defense of the boy, by the boy's mother.


I think Lawrence Fishburn said it best: WAKE UP!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home