BitterSweetness

Truth is Bitter. Chocolate is Sweet. Somewhere in the middle lies me and my thoughts...

9.04.2006

Retroactive Reflection

10 years ago... eigth grade was a good year. I was SGA Treasurer. My best friend was president. And although I wasn't the most well-adjusted middle-schooler, I think I was in a comfortable spot. Seventh grade sucked, but eight grade was the bomb.

5 years ago... I was beginning my adult life. I was adjusting to dorm life and Atlanta. I was tentatively finding out what "men of morehouse" were about. One of the most memorable days was getting bussed down to Fort Valley, coming home with stories only to find out Aaliyah had died. The dude I was talking to was an avid Aaliyah fan, and the Aaliyah CD played non-stop for me that summer. It was a weird feeling. Then 3 weeks later.. September 11th. A month or so later.. the girl has the baby in the bathroom. Later that semester... a person down the hall tries to stab another person. Now that I think about it, what a freakin crazy way to start a college matriculation!

1 year ago... I was really finding out about adult life. My community was in pain. A pain I still feel today. I remember being shocked, angry, and feeling helpless. The whole Katrina situation just struck a cord with me, somewhere deep in my core. It was depressing on top of depressing. And the thing is that I have no close friends from there, but I just sit wanting to reach out to the few I do. But I'm not close to them, so I never got to hear the hurt they must have felt.

5 hours ago.. I was eating dinner, looking forward to going out.

1 hour ago... I arrived back home from a wasted night. and I looked fucking cute. Fucking Dallas. Fucking Texans. Get me out of here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home