BitterSweetness

Truth is Bitter. Chocolate is Sweet. Somewhere in the middle lies me and my thoughts...

11.21.2005

What Becomes of the Broken Hearted (MH)?

Can you really believe someone who says that you broke their heart?

First of all, I'm cute as button and as sweet as honey... okay maybe not so sweet but I'm not a heart-breaker. I've been in many an emotional relationship, but the person I remember getting hurt was ME.

So, MH likes to call me up (usually after I have tried to get in touch several times), and reminisce over the short times we have shared together. Then, every once in awhile he even tries to allude to us having a relationship.. never mind we are even futher apart now then we were then.

It's really sweet. THe thought of it, I mean. When I first met him there was a mutual attraction to each other.. an infectious infatuation. But after time, he started doing that stupid boy shit... the usual obvious "I'm Not That Into You" stuff. You know, only calling once a week. Okay, so I guess that's about it. HE NEVER CALLED (and yes, I did call him). So I did what any normal 20-something would do in an involuntary casual relationship would do...I said "whatever" and mixed and mingled! I was quite surprised that when he learned this, he was upset. I was hurt, but justifitied. A signal.. or lack of one.. is a signal none the least.

Apprently, he liked me a lot (but never called). Since then we drifted apart... there has always been this rift. We've seen each other, but it was never like that first time.

So now he calls and reminisces. Yet I don't even think he knows how many sisters I have... where I was born...when my birthday is...who my best friend is. He never really asks the important questions.. or much at all. I carry the conversation. But there is something still there.

I feel like I'm trying, but he isn't. He will say he is. He will remind me I broke his heart, but I won't believe him.

Bittersweetness.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:41 PM, Blogger ? said…

    yo..about that family feud..was that on the survey?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home