BitterSweetness

Truth is Bitter. Chocolate is Sweet. Somewhere in the middle lies me and my thoughts...

2.08.2006

In Honor of the Grammys...

Some songs take you back. For me, there are several songs that always take me back to relationships. They were the songs I identified with at the time, and now whenever I hear them, they take me back…

High School Luv -- Lauryn Hill f/ D’Angelo “Nothing Even Matters.”
This was our song. He named it first, saying it meant a lot to him. Now the song takes me back to the purest relationship I’ve ever had, and I know it does the same for him.

Mr. Can’t Be My Type – Aaliyah “I Care 4 U”
This was the one before college. I rocked that album hard all summer long, only to soon find out he was her biggest fan. Her death was so sad, and he was the first person I called because I knew he’d be heartbroken.

More-than-a-crush-Less-than-a-Boyfriend – Amerie “Why Don’t We Fall In Love” “Talkin To Me”
There were times I hoped he would be the College Luv. The One who would teach me what Love really was. I loved Amerie from the start, and everytime “Why Don’t We” came on that summer, I thought of him. Once “Eyes” was released, school was back in session, and this secretly was my song for him.

N.O. Pretty Thug – Alicia Keys “Diary”
The relationship that never blossomed. Frustrating. This song immediately made me think of him. I just wanted to tell him that it’s okay, you can trust.

Mr. Opposite dba The Older Man – Goapele “Romantic”
Unfortunately, I introduced him to Goapele. So now, every time I hear this favorite song, it goes back to him.
I would be especially interested if any guys out there had songs that instantly reminded them of their past relationships…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home